In this blog post, I will summarize the new features introduced. The platform combines Docker agility with app lifecycle management, policy and governance controls. It gives infrastructure operators the controls they need while still giving app developers the agility they want when moving from dev/test to production model.
- Automated Infrastructure as a Service -- Out-of-box integrations with private and public cloud platforms to automate the provisioning and auto-scaling of virtual infrastructure used for Docker-based application deployments
- Register end-points across both private and public cloud platforms -- including OpenStack, Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, Rackspace, Microsoft Azure, IBM SoftLayer, DigitalOcean, HP Public Cloud, CloudSigma, and ElasticHosts
- Automate the provisioning of virtual machines across registered end-points along with the DCHQ agent installation to facilitate orchestration and monitoring
- Define auto-scale policies that automatically provision virtual machines when a data center runs out of compute resources for new Docker-based application deployments
- Deploy web server and database containers on different hosts to comply with affinity rules leveraging an integration with Weave
- Accelerate application development by allowing users to deploy their application server on a local machine while the rest of the app components may be deployed on a shared data-center
- Update running containers by deploying the latest build leveraging the plug-in framework and the integration with Jenkins
- Leverage all the great features in DCHQ On-Premise but in a hosted environment
- Sign Up as for an "Enterprise Account" to get a dedicated tenant on which you can register your own users, groups, cloud end-points, and Docker repositories.
- Use Docker Compose templates and plug-ins created by DCHQ for common application stacks -- including Java, Ruby, PHP, Python, Wordpress, MongoDB Cluster, etc.
- The first 100 qualified user sign ups will get a dedicated server with 8GB of memory
- DCHQ.io Hosted Platform as a Service will be FREE for 3 months (no credit card required)